Not only are weddings a celebration of a new union between a husband and wife, but they also represent the gain of a new daughter or son for mothers. To celebrate this joyous occasion, nothing expresses the emotions between a parent and child like music. The wedding songs chosen for the dance after the marriage ceremony will be remembered for many years and is a cherished memory in many families.
The choice of song should pay tribute to the parents of the bride and groom. Mothers will be touched by their son or daughter’s choice of music to describe their special relationship. Here are 5 of the most common wedding songs chosen to represent the bond between parent and child.
1. “It’s A Wonderful World” by Louie Armstrong expresses the thanks a child feels for their mother’s sacrifice in raising them and speaks of hope for the future.
2. Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me” expresses the joy and happiness that a mother feels at witnessing their son or daughter’s wedding.
3. “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac describes a mother’s love for their child and the depth of their devotion to giving them everything in the world.
4. “Close to You” by the Carpenters is one of the most popular wedding dance songs of all time.
5. “Child of Mine” by Carole King is a touching song that sums up the special bond between parent and child without being trite.
These are only some of the most popular wedding songs that are chosen. Whatever song you pick, as long as it expresses your love for your parents, it will be the perfect song to your mother no matter what.
By: Mary Holland